Will You Join our Reverse Advent Project?
- In October 2014 Tony Hiatt was ordained a Deacon. He envisioned feeding the hungry as part of his Diaconal ministry. He researched Fort Worth’s east side and discovered it is a “Food Desert.” Patti Callahan worked with Tony to research this project.
- In Early 2015 it was decided that this was too big an undertaking for the small parish of St. Luke’s in the Meadow. They wondered if this could become a Deanery Mission. The Eastern Deanery was asked if they would be interested in participating. All three said Yes! St. Alban’s, Arlington, St. Martin in the Fields, in Keller and St. Stephen’s Episcopal in Hurst all agreed to be a part of this project.
- In July of 2015 the Food Pantry received their first donation. Another grant was obtained by Annabell Sauer a Girl Scout with Troop 3012. She has been helping with this project and designed the 4Saints logo.
- In the Fall of 2015 the Eastern Deanery worked began some team building by meeting at the Tarrant Area Food Bank on a monthly basis to volunteer.
- In September of 2015 and 2016 4Saints received grants from the Diocese of Fort Worth Mission and Outreach Committee.
- In January of 2016 the Board of Directors was formed and the name 4Saints was chosen.
- On January 27, 2017 4Saints opened it's doors for the firs time. Although the original plan was to open once a month to serve the community the decision was quickly made to open once a week to be able to serve more families in the east Fort Worth zip codes of 76103, 76112 and 76120.